1) n. - That part of the natural day when the sun is beneath the horizon, or the time from sunset to sunrise; esp., the time between dusk and dawn, when there is no light of the sun, but only moonlight, starlight, or artificial light.
2) n. - Darkness; obscurity; concealment.
3) n. - Intellectual and moral darkness; ignorance.
4) n. - A state of affliction; adversity; as, a dreary night of sorrow.
5) n. - The period after the close of life; death.
6) n. - A lifeless or unenlivened period, as when nature seems to sleep.
Share this page