1) n. - Whatever exists, or is conceived to exist, as a separate entity, whether animate or inanimate; any separable or distinguishable object of thought.
2) n. - An inanimate object, in distinction from a living being; any lifeless material.
3) n. - A transaction or occurrence; an event; a deed.
4) n. - A portion or part; something.
5) n. - A diminutive or slighted object; any object viewed as merely existing; -- often used in pity or contempt.
6) n. - Clothes; furniture; appurtenances; luggage; as, to pack or store one's things.
7) n. - Whatever may be possessed or owned; a property; -- distinguished from person.
8) n. - In Scandinavian countries, a legislative or judicial assembly.
Share this page