1) n. - A person skilled in the principles and practice of any branch of engineering. See under Engineering, n.
2) n. - One who manages as engine, particularly a steam engine; an engine driver.
3) n. - One who carries through an enterprise by skillful or artful contrivance; an efficient manager.
4) v. t. - To lay out or construct, as an engineer; to perform the work of an engineer on; as, to engineer a road.
5) v. t. - To use contrivance and effort for; to guide the course of; to manage; as, to engineer a bill through Congress.
Share this page