1) a. - Mad; insane; possessed; rabid; furious; frantic.
2) v. i. - To grow mad; to act like a madman; to mad.
3) n. - A large and thick collection of trees; a forest or grove; -- frequently used in the plural.
4) n. - The substance of trees and the like; the hard fibrous substance which composes the body of a tree and its branches, and which is covered by the bark; timber.
5) n. - The fibrous material which makes up the greater part of the stems and branches of trees and shrubby plants, and is found to a less extent in herbaceous stems. It consists of elongated tubular or needle-shaped cells of various kinds, usually interwoven with the shinning bands called silver grain.
6) n. - Trees cut or sawed for the fire or other uses.
7) v. t. - To supply with wood, or get supplies of wood for; as, to wood a steamboat or a locomotive.
8) v. i. - To take or get a supply of wood.
Share this page