1) adv. - Away.
2) n. - That by, upon, or along, which one passes or processes; opportunity or room to pass; place of passing; passage; road, street, track, or path of any kind; as, they built a way to the mine.
3) n. - Length of space; distance; interval; as, a great way; a long way.
4) n. - A moving; passage; procession; journey.
5) n. - Course or direction of motion or process; tendency of action; advance.
6) n. - The means by which anything is reached, or anything is accomplished; scheme; device; plan.
7) n. - Manner; method; mode; fashion; style; as, the way of expressing one's ideas.
8) n. - Regular course; habitual method of life or action; plan of conduct; mode of dealing.
9) n. - Sphere or scope of observation.
10) n. - Determined course; resolved mode of action or conduct; as, to have one's way.
11) n. - Progress; as, a ship has way.
12) n. - The timbers on which a ship is launched.
13) n. - The longitudinal guides, or guiding surfaces, on the bed of a planer, lathe, or the like, along which a table or carriage moves.
14) n. - Right of way. See below.
15) v. t. - To go or travel to; to go in, as a way or path.
16) v. i. - To move; to progress; to go.
Share this page