1) n. - An open wooden vessel formed with staves, bottom, and hoops; a kind of short cask, half barrel, or firkin, usually with but one head, -- used for various purposes.
2) n. - The amount which a tub contains, as a measure of quantity; as, a tub of butter; a tub of camphor, which is about 1 cwt., etc.
3) n. - Any structure shaped like a tub: as, a certain old form of pulpit; a short, broad boat, etc., -- often used jocosely or opprobriously.
4) n. - A sweating in a tub; a tub fast.
5) n. - A small cask; as, a tub of gin.
6) n. - A box or bucket in which coal or ore is sent up a shaft; -- so called by miners.
7) v. t. - To plant or set in a tub; as, to tub a plant.
8) i. - To make use of a bathing tub; to lie or be in a bath; to bathe.
Share this page