1) n. - Excess in eating and drinking.
2) n. - Fullness and oppression of the system, occasioned often by excessive eating and drinking.
3) n. - Disgust caused by excess; satiety.
4) v. i. - To load the stomach with food, so that sickness or uneasiness ensues; to eat to excess.
5) v. i. - To indulge to satiety in any gratification.
6) v. t. - To feed so as to oppress the stomach and derange the function of the system; to overfeed, and produce satiety, sickness, or uneasiness; -- often reflexive; as, to surfeit one's self with sweets.
7) v. t. - To fill to satiety and disgust; to cloy; as, he surfeits us with compliments.
Share this page