1) n. - An enlargement, or series of enlargements, in the anterior part of the alimentary canal, in which food is digested; any cavity in which digestion takes place in an animal; a digestive cavity. See Digestion, and Gastric juice, under Gastric.
2) n. - The desire for food caused by hunger; appetite; as, a good stomach for roast beef.
3) n. - Hence appetite in general; inclination; desire.
4) n. - Violence of temper; anger; sullenness; resentment; willful obstinacy; stubbornness.
5) n. - Pride; haughtiness; arrogance.
6) v. t. - To resent; to remember with anger; to dislike.
7) v. t. - To bear without repugnance; to brook.
8) v. i. - To be angry.
Share this page