1) n. - A square-rigged vessel, differing from a brig only in that she has a trysail mast close abaft the mainmast, on which a large trysail is hoisted.
2) n. - Watery particles congealed into white or transparent crystals or flakes in the air, and falling to the earth, exhibiting a great variety of very beautiful and perfect forms.
3) n. - Fig.: Something white like snow, as the white color (argent) in heraldry; something which falls in, or as in, flakes.
4) v. i. - To fall in or as snow; -- chiefly used impersonally; as, it snows; it snowed yesterday.
5) v. t. - To scatter like snow; to cover with, or as with, snow.
Share this page