1) v. t. - To inflict harm in return for, as an injury, insult, etc.; to exact satisfaction for, under a sense of injury; to avenge; -- followed either by the wrong received, or by the person or thing wronged, as the object, or by the reciprocal pronoun as direct object, and a preposition before the wrong done or the wrongdoer.
2) v. t. - To inflict injury for, in a spiteful, wrong, or malignant spirit; to wreak vengeance for maliciously.
3) v. i. - To take vengeance; -- with
4) n. - The act of revenging; vengeance; retaliation; a returning of evil for evil.
5) n. - The disposition to revenge; a malignant wishing of evil to one who has done us an injury.
Share this page