1) n. - The act of requiring, as of right; a demand or application made as by authority.
2) n. - A formal demand made by one state or government upon another for the surrender or extradition of a fugitive from justice.
3) n. - A notarial demand of a debt.
4) n. - A demand by the invader upon the people of an invaded country for supplies, as of provision, forage, transportation, etc.
5) n. - A formal application by one officer to another for things needed in the public service; as, a requisition for clothing, troops, or money.
6) n. - That which is required by authority; especially, a quota of supplies or necessaries.
7) n. - A written or normal call; an invitation; a summons; as, a reqisition for a public meeting.
8) v. t. - To make a reqisition on or for; as, to requisition a district for forage; to requisition troops.
9) v. t. - To present a requisition to; to summon request; as, to requisition a person to be a candidate.
Share this page