1) n. - The bed or receptacle prepared by a fowl for holding her eggs and for hatching and rearing her young.
2) n. - Hence: the place in which the eggs of other animals, as insects, turtles, etc., are laid and hatched; a snug place in which young animals are reared.
3) n. - A snug, comfortable, or cozy residence or situation; a retreat, or place of habitual resort; hence, those who occupy a nest, frequent a haunt, or are associated in the same pursuit; as, a nest of traitors; a nest of bugs.
4) n. - An aggregated mass of any ore or mineral, in an isolated state, within a rock.
5) n. - A collection of boxes, cases, or the like, of graduated size, each put within the one next larger.
6) n. - A compact group of pulleys, gears, springs, etc., working together or collectively.
7) v. i. - To build and occupy a nest.
8) v. t. - To put into a nest; to form a nest for.
Share this page