1) n. - A white fluid secreted by the mammary glands of female mammals for the nourishment of their young, consisting of minute globules of fat suspended in a solution of casein, albumin, milk sugar, and inorganic salts.
2) n. - A kind of juice or sap, usually white in color, found in certain plants; latex. See Latex.
3) n. - An emulsion made by bruising seeds; as, the milk of almonds, produced by pounding almonds with sugar and water.
4) n. - The ripe, undischarged spat of an oyster.
5) v. t. - To draw or press milk from the breasts or udder of, by the hand or mouth; to withdraw the milk of.
6) v. t. - To draw from the breasts or udder; to extract, as milk; as, to milk wholesome milk from healthy cows.
7) v. t. - To draw anything from, as if by milking; to compel to yield profit or advantage; to plunder.
8) v. i. - To draw or to yield milk.
Share this page