1) superl. - Having the same, or nearly the same, appearance, qualities, or characteristics; resembling; similar to; similar; alike; -- often with in and the particulars of the resemblance; as, they are like each other in features, complexion, and many traits of character.
2) superl. - Equal, or nearly equal; as, fields of like extent.
3) superl. - Having probability; affording probability; probable; likely.
4) superl. - Inclined toward; disposed to; as, to feel like taking a walk.
5) n. - That which is equal or similar to another; the counterpart; an exact resemblance; a copy.
6) n. - A liking; a preference; inclination; -- usually in pl.; as, we all have likes and dislikes.
7) a. - In a manner like that of; in a manner similar to; as, do not act like him.
8) a. - In a like or similar manner.
9) a. - Likely; probably.
10) a. - To suit; to please; to be agreeable to.
11) a. - To be pleased with in a moderate degree; to approve; to take satisfaction in; to enjoy.
12) a. - To liken; to compare.
13) v. i. - To be pleased; to choose.
14) v. i. - To have an appearance or expression; to look; to seem to be (in a specified condition).
15) v. i. - To come near; to avoid with difficulty; to escape narrowly; as, he liked to have been too late. Cf. Had like, under Like, a.
Share this page