1) n. - One who lets or permits; one who lets anything for hire.
2) n. - One who retards or hinders.
3) n. - A mark or character used as the representative of a sound, or of an articulation of the human organs of speech; a first element of written language.
4) n. - A written or printed communication; a message expressed in intelligible characters on something adapted to conveyance, as paper, parchment, etc.; an epistle.
5) n. - A writing; an inscription.
6) n. - Verbal expression; literal statement or meaning; exact signification or requirement.
7) n. - A single type; type, collectively; a style of type.
8) n. - Learning; erudition; as, a man of letters.
9) n. - A letter; an epistle.
10) v. t. - To impress with letters; to mark with letters or words; as, a book gilt and lettered.
Share this page