1) v. i. - To show mirth, satisfaction, or derision, by peculiar movement of the muscles of the face, particularly of the mouth, causing a lighting up of the face and eyes, and usually accompanied by the emission of explosive or chuckling sounds from the chest and throat; to indulge in laughter.
2) v. i. - Fig.: To be or appear gay, cheerful, pleasant, mirthful, lively, or brilliant; to sparkle; to sport.
3) v. t. - To affect or influence by means of laughter or ridicule.
4) v. t. - To express by, or utter with, laughter; -- with out.
5) n. - An expression of mirth peculiar to the human species; the sound heard in laughing; laughter. See Laugh, v. i.
Share this page