1) v. t. - To bud; to insert, or graft, as the bud of a tree or plant in another tree or plant.
2) v. t. - To insert a foreign bud into; as, to inoculate a tree.
3) v. t. - To communicate a disease to ( a person ) by inserting infectious matter in the skin or flesh; as, to inoculate a person with the virus of smallpox,rabies, etc. See Vaccinate.
4) v. t. - Fig.: To introduce into the mind; -- used especially of harmful ideas or principles; to imbue; as, to inoculate one with treason or infidelity.
5) v. i. - To graft by inserting buds.
6) v. i. - To communicate disease by inoculation.
Share this page