1) a. - Lying; resting; reclining; recumbent; superimposed; superincumbent.
2) a. - Lying, resting, or imposed, as a duty or obligation; obligatory; always with on or upon.
3) a. - Leaning or resting; -- said of anthers when lying on the inner side of the filament, or of cotyledons when the radicle lies against the back of one of them.
4) a. - Bent downwards so that the ends touch, or rest on, something else; as, the incumbent toe of a bird.
5) n. - A person who is in present possession of a benefice or of any office.
Share this page