1) - imp. & p. p. of Hote.
2) superl. - Having much sensible heat; exciting the feeling of warmth in a great degree; very warm; -- opposed to cold, and exceeding warm in degree; as, a hot stove; hot water or air.
3) superl. - Characterized by heat, ardor, or animation; easily excited; firely; vehement; passionate; violent; eager.
4) superl. - Lustful; lewd; lecherous.
5) superl. - Acrid; biting; pungent; as, hot as mustard.
6) v. t. & i. - To commit; to intrust.
7) v. t. & i. - To promise.
Share this page