1) a. - Consisting of a moiety, or half; as, a half bushel; a half hour; a half dollar; a half view.
2) a. - Consisting of some indefinite portion resembling a half; approximately a half, whether more or less; partial; imperfect; as, a half dream; half knowledge.
3) adv. - In an equal part or degree; in some pa/ appro/mating a half; partially; imperfectly; as, half-colored, half done, half-hearted, half persuaded, half conscious.
4) a. - Part; side; behalf.
5) a. - One of two equal parts into which anything may be divided, or considered as divided; -- sometimes followed by of; as, a half of an apple.
6) v. t. - To halve. [Obs.] See Halve .
Share this page