1) v. i. - To increase in size by a natural and organic process; to increase in bulk by the gradual assimilation of new matter into the living organism; -- said of animals and vegetables and their organs.
2) v. i. - To increase in any way; to become larger and stronger; to be augmented; to advance; to extend; to wax; to accrue.
3) v. i. - To spring up and come to matturity in a natural way; to be produced by vegetation; to thrive; to flourish; as, rice grows in warm countries.
4) v. i. - To pass from one state to another; to result as an effect from a cause; to become; as, to grow pale.
5) v. i. - To become attached of fixed; to adhere.
6) v. t. - To cause to grow; to cultivate; to produce; as, to grow a crop; to grow wheat, hops, or tobacco.
Share this page