1) n. - Popularly: Herbage; the plants which constitute the food of cattle and other beasts; pasture.
2) n. - An endogenous plant having simple leaves, a stem generally jointed and tubular, the husks or glumes in pairs, and the seed single.
3) n. - The season of fresh grass; spring.
4) n. - Metaphorically used for what is transitory.
5) v. t. - To cover with grass or with turf.
6) v. t. - To expose, as flax, on the grass for bleaching, etc.
7) v. t. - To bring to the grass or ground; to land; as, to grass a fish.
8) v. i. - To produce grass.
Share this page