1) n. - A pet; a darling.
2) n. - A linen (or sometimes cotton) fabric, finer and lighter than canvas, -- used for the lighter sails of vessels, the sacking of beds, and sometimes for men's clothing.
3) n. - The light clothes worn by sailors in hot climates.
4) v. t. - To thrust or plunge under water or other liquid and suddenly withdraw.
5) v. t. - To plunge the head of under water, immediately withdrawing it; as, duck the boy.
6) v. t. - To bow; to bob down; to move quickly with a downward motion.
7) v. i. - To go under the surface of water and immediately reappear; to dive; to plunge the head in water or other liquid; to dip.
8) v. i. - To drop the head or person suddenly; to bow.
9) v. t. - Any bird of the subfamily Anatinae, family Anatidae.
10) v. t. - A sudden inclination of the bead or dropping of the person, resembling the motion of a duck in water.
Share this page