1) v. i. - To waver in opinion or judgment; to be in uncertainty as to belief respecting anything; to hesitate in belief; to be undecided as to the truth of the negative or the affirmative proposition; to b e undetermined.
2) v. i. - To suspect; to fear; to be apprehensive.
3) v. t. - To question or hold questionable; to withhold assent to; to hesitate to believe, or to be inclined not to believe; to withhold confidence from; to distrust; as, I have heard the story, but I doubt the truth of it.
4) v. t. - To suspect; to fear; to be apprehensive of.
5) v. t. - To fill with fear; to affright.
6) v. i. - A fluctuation of mind arising from defect of knowledge or evidence; uncertainty of judgment or mind; unsettled state of opinion concerning the reality of an event, or the truth of an assertion, etc.; hesitation.
7) v. i. - Uncertainty of condition.
8) v. i. - Suspicion; fear; apprehension; dread.
9) v. i. - Difficulty expressed or urged for solution; point unsettled; objection.
Share this page