1) v. t. - To change the guise or appearance of; especially, to conceal by an unusual dress, or one intended to mislead or deceive.
2) v. t. - To hide by a counterfeit appearance; to cloak by a false show; to mask; as, to disguise anger; to disguise one's sentiments, character, or intentions.
3) v. t. - To affect or change by liquor; to intoxicate.
4) n. - A dress or exterior put on for purposes of concealment or of deception; as, persons doing unlawful acts in disguise are subject to heavy penalties.
5) n. - Artificial language or manner assumed for deception; false appearance; counterfeit semblance or show.
6) n. - Change of manner by drink; intoxication.
7) n. - A masque or masquerade.
Share this page