1) n. - Moisture; humidity; fog; fogginess; vapor.
2) n. - Dejection; depression; cloud of the mind.
3) n. - A gaseous product, formed in coal mines, old wells, pints, etc.
4) superl. - Being in a state between dry and wet; moderately wet; moist; humid.
5) superl. - Dejected; depressed; sunk.
6) n. - To render damp; to moisten; to make humid, or moderately wet; to dampen; as, to damp cloth.
7) n. - To put out, as fire; to depress or deject; to deaden; to cloud; to check or restrain, as action or vigor; to make dull; to weaken; to discourage.
Share this page