1) imp. - Was, should be, or would be, able, capable, or susceptible. Used as an auxiliary, in the past tense or in the conditional present.
2) n. - A drinking cup; a vessel for holding liquids.
3) n. - A vessel or case of tinned iron or of sheet metal, of various forms, but usually cylindrical; as, a can of tomatoes; an oil can; a milk can.
4) v. t. - To preserve by putting in sealed cans
5) v. t. & i. - To know; to understand.
6) v. t. & i. - To be able to do; to have power or influence.
7) v. t. & i. - To be able; -- followed by an infinitive without to; as, I can go, but do not wish to.
Share this page