1) v. t. - To give, transfer, or deliver, in a formal manner, as if by signing over into the possession of another, or into a different state, with the sense of fixedness in that state, or permanence of possession; as, to consign the body to the grave.
2) v. t. - To give in charge; to commit; to intrust.
3) v. t. - To send or address (by bill of lading or otherwise) to an agent or correspondent in another place, to be cared for or sold, or for the use of such correspondent; as, to consign a cargo or a ship; to consign goods.
4) v. t. - To assign; to devote; to set apart.
5) v. t. - To stamp or impress; to affect.
6) v. i. - To submit; to surrender or yield one's self.
7) v. i. - To yield consent; to agree; to acquiesce.
Share this page