1) v. t. - That which fills up or completes; the quantity or number required to fill a thing or make it complete.
2) v. t. - That which is required to supply a deficiency, or to complete a symmetrical whole.
3) v. t. - Full quantity, number, or amount; a complete set; completeness.
4) v. t. - A second quantity added to a given quantity to make it equal to a third given quantity.
5) v. t. - Something added for ornamentation; an accessory.
6) v. t. - The whole working force of a vessel.
7) v. t. - The interval wanting to complete the octave; -- the fourth is the complement of the fifth, the sixth of the third.
8) v. t. - A compliment.
9) v. t. - To supply a lack; to supplement.
10) v. t. - To compliment.
Share this page