1) n. - The string of a musical instrument.
2) n. - A combination of tones simultaneously performed, producing more or less perfect harmony, as, the common chord.
3) n. - A right line uniting the extremities of the arc of a circle or curve.
4) n. - A cord. See Cord , n., 4.
5) n. - The upper or lower part of a truss, usually horizontal, resisting compression or tension.
6) v. t. - To provide with musical chords or strings; to string; to tune.
7) v. i. - To accord; to harmonize together; as, this note chords with that.
Share this page