1) n. - A movable single seat with a back.
2) n. - An official seat, as of a chief magistrate or a judge, but esp. that of a professor; hence, the office itself.
3) n. - The presiding officer of an assembly; a chairman; as, to address the chair.
4) n. - A vehicle for one person; either a sedan borne upon poles, or two-wheeled carriage, drawn by one horse; a gig.
5) n. - An iron block used on railways to support the rails and secure them to the sleepers.
6) v. t. - To place in a chair.
7) v. t. - To carry publicly in a chair in triumph.
Share this page