1) n. - A small mass of dough baked; especially, a thin loaf from unleavened dough; as, an oatmeal cake; johnnycake.
2) n. - A sweetened composition of flour and other ingredients, leavened or unleavened, baked in a loaf or mass of any size or shape.
3) n. - A thin wafer-shaped mass of fried batter; a griddlecake or pancake; as buckwheat cakes.
4) n. - A mass of matter concreted, congealed, or molded into a solid mass of any form, esp. into a form rather flat than high; as, a cake of soap; an ague cake.
5) v. i. - To form into a cake, or mass.
6) v. i. - To concrete or consolidate into a hard mass, as dough in an oven; to coagulate.
7) v. i. - To cackle as a goose.
Share this page