1) n. - The act of constructing, erecting, or establishing.
2) n. - The art of constructing edifices, or the practice of civil architecture.
3) n. - That which is built; a fabric or edifice constructed, as a house, a church, etc.
4) v. i. - To exercise the art, or practice the business, of building.
5) v. i. - To rest or depend, as on a foundation; to ground one's self or one's hopes or opinions upon something deemed reliable; to rely; as, to build on the opinions or advice of others.
6) n. - Form or mode of construction; general figure; make; as, the build of a ship.
Share this page