1) n. - A small open vessel, or water craft, usually moved by cars or paddles, but often by a sail.
2) n. - Hence, any vessel; usually with some epithet descriptive of its use or mode of propulsion; as, pilot boat, packet boat, passage boat, advice boat, etc. The term is sometimes applied to steam vessels, even of the largest class; as, the Cunard boats.
3) n. - A vehicle, utensil, or dish, somewhat resembling a boat in shape; as, a stone boat; a gravy boat.
4) v. t. - To transport in a boat; as, to boat goods.
5) v. t. - To place in a boat; as, to boat oars.
6) v. i. - To go or row in a boat.
Share this page