1) - of Bid
2) - of Bid
3) v. t. - To make an offer of; to propose. Specifically : To offer to pay ( a certain price, as for a thing put up at auction), or to take (a certain price, as for work to be done under a contract).
4) v. t. - To offer in words; to declare, as a wish, a greeting, a threat, or defiance, etc.; as, to bid one welcome; to bid good morning, farewell, etc.
5) v. t. - To proclaim; to declare publicly; to make known.
6) v. t. - To order; to direct; to enjoin; to command.
7) v. t. - To invite; to call in; to request to come.
8) - imp. & p. p. of Bid.
9) n. - An offer of a price, especially at auctions; a statement of a sum which one will give for something to be received, or will take for something to be done or furnished; that which is offered.
10) v. t. - To pray.
11) v. t. - To make a bid; to state what one will pay or take.
Share this page