1) n. - The fleshy pome or fruit of a rosaceous tree (Pyrus malus) cultivated in numberless varieties in the temperate zones.
2) n. - Any tree genus Pyrus which has the stalk sunken into the base of the fruit; an apple tree.
3) n. - Any fruit or other vegetable production resembling, or supposed to resemble, the apple; as, apple of love, or love apple (a tomato), balsam apple, egg apple, oak apple.
4) n. - Anything round like an apple; as, an apple of gold.
5) v. i. - To grow like an apple; to bear apples.
Share this page