1) n. - One who pleads the cause of another. Specifically: One who pleads the cause of another before a tribunal or judicial court; a counselor.
2) n. - One who defends, vindicates, or espouses any cause by argument; a pleader; as, an advocate of free trade, an advocate of truth.
3) n. - Christ, considered as an intercessor.
4) n. - To plead in favor of; to defend by argument, before a tribunal or the public; to support, vindicate, or recommend publicly.
5) v. i. - To act as advocate.
Share this page