1) n. - Any slight appendage, as to an article of dress; something slight hanging loosely; specifically, a direction card, or label.
2) n. - A metallic binding, tube, or point, at the end of a string, or lace, to stiffen it.
3) n. - The end, or catchword, of an actor's speech; cue.
4) n. - Something mean and paltry; the rabble.
5) n. - A sheep of the first year.
6) n. - A sale of usually used items (such as furniture, clothing, household items or bric-a-brac), conducted by one or a small group of individuals, at a location which is not a normal retail establishment.
7) v. t. - To fit with, or as with, a tag or tags.
8) v. t. - To join; to fasten; to attach.
9) v. t. - To follow closely after; esp., to follow and touch in the game of tag. See Tag, a play.
10) v. i. - To follow closely, as it were an appendage; -- often with after; as, to tag after a person.
11) v. - A child's play in which one runs after and touches another, and then runs away to avoid being touched.
Share this page