1) a. - Capable of being perceived by the senses; apprehensible through the bodily organs; hence, also, perceptible to the mind; making an impression upon the sense, reason, or understanding; ////// heat; sensible resistance.
2) a. - Having the capacity of receiving impressions from external objects; capable of perceiving by the instrumentality of the proper organs; liable to be affected physsically or mentally; impressible.
3) a. - Hence: Liable to impression from without; easily affected; having nice perception or acute feeling; sensitive; also, readily moved or affected by natural agents; delicate; as, a sensible thermometer.
4) a. - Perceiving or having perception, either by the senses or the mind; cognizant; perceiving so clearly as to be convinced; satisfied; persuaded.
5) a. - Having moral perception; capable of being affected by moral good or evil.
6) a. - Possessing or containing sense or reason; giftedwith, or characterized by, good or common sense; intelligent; wise.
7) n. - Sensation; sensibility.
8) n. - That which impresses itself on the sense; anything perceptible.
9) n. - That which has sensibility; a sensitive being.
Share this page