1) - imp. of See.
2) v. t. - Something said; speech; discourse.
3) v. t. - A saying; a proverb; a maxim.
4) v. t. - Dictate; command; decree.
5) n. - An instrument for cutting or dividing substances, as wood, iron, etc., consisting of a thin blade, or plate, of steel, with a series of sharp teeth on the edge, which remove successive portions of the material by cutting and tearing.
6) v. t. - To cut with a saw; to separate with a saw; as, to saw timber or marble.
7) v. t. - To form by cutting with a saw; as, to saw boards or planks, that is, to saw logs or timber into boards or planks; to saw shingles; to saw out a panel.
8) v. t. - Also used figuratively; as, to saw the air.
9) v. i. - To use a saw; to practice sawing; as, a man saws well.
10) v. i. - To cut, as a saw; as, the saw or mill saws fast.
11) v. i. - To be cut with a saw; as, the timber saws smoothly.
Share this page