1) v. t. - To free or deliver from any confinement, violence, danger, or evil; to liberate from actual restraint; to remove or withdraw from a state of exposure to evil; as, to rescue a prisoner from the enemy; to rescue seamen from destruction.
2) v. - The act of rescuing; deliverance from restraint, violence, or danger; liberation.
3) v. - The forcible retaking, or taking away, against law, of things lawfully distrained.
4) v. - The forcible liberation of a person from an arrest or imprisonment.
5) v. - The retaking by a party captured of a prize made by the enemy.
Share this page