1) n. - The fine particles to which any dry substance is reduced by pounding, grinding, or triturating, or into which it falls by decay; dust.
2) n. - An explosive mixture used in gunnery, blasting, etc.; gunpowder. See Gunpowder.
3) v. t. - To reduce to fine particles; to pound, grind, or rub into a powder; to comminute; to pulverize; to triturate.
4) v. t. - To sprinkle with powder, or as with powder; to be sprinkle; as, to powder the hair.
5) v. t. - To sprinkle with salt; to corn, as meat.
6) v. i. - To be reduced to powder; to become like powder; as, some salts powder easily.
7) v. i. - To use powder on the hair or skin; as, she paints and powders.
Share this page