1) v. t. - To consent to; to allow or suffer to be done; to tolerate; to put up with.
2) v. t. - To grant (one) express license or liberty to do an act; to authorize; to give leave; -- followed by an infinitive.
3) v. t. - To give over; to resign; to leave; to commit.
4) v. i. - To grant permission; to allow.
5) n. - Warrant; license; leave; permission; specifically, a written license or permission given to a person or persons having authority; as, a permit to land goods subject to duty.
Share this page