1) n. - A slattern.
2) n. - The name of a female fairy, esp. the queen of the fairies; and hence, sometimes, any fairy.
3) - p. p. of Made.
4) superl. - Disordered in intellect; crazy; insane.
5) superl. - Excited beyond self-control or the restraint of reason; inflamed by violent or uncontrollable desire, passion, or appetite; as, to be mad with terror, lust, or hatred; mad against political reform.
6) superl. - Proceeding from, or indicating, madness; expressing distraction; prompted by infatuation, fury, or extreme rashness.
7) superl. - Extravagant; immoderate.
8) superl. - Furious with rage, terror, or disease; -- said of the lower animals; as, a mad bull; esp., having hydrophobia; rabid; as, a mad dog.
9) superl. - Angry; out of patience; vexed; as, to get mad at a person.
10) superl. - Having impaired polarity; -- applied to a compass needle.
11) v. t. - To make mad or furious; to madden.
12) v. i. - To be mad; to go mad; to rave. See Madding.
13) n. - An earthworm.
Share this page