1) a. - Of or pertaining to a family; domestic.
2) a. - Closely acquainted or intimate, as a friend or companion; well versed in, as any subject of study; as, familiar with the Scriptures.
3) a. - Characterized by, or exhibiting, the manner of an intimate friend; not formal; unconstrained; easy; accessible.
4) a. - Well known; well understood; common; frequent; as, a familiar illustration.
5) a. - Improperly acquainted; wrongly intimate.
6) n. - An intimate; a companion.
7) n. - An attendant demon or evil spirit.
8) n. - A confidential officer employed in the service of the tribunal, especially in apprehending and imprisoning the accused.
Share this page