1) v. t. - To divide among several or many; to deal out; to apportion; to allot.
2) v. t. - To dispense; to administer; as, to distribute justice.
3) v. t. - To divide or separate, as into classes, orders, kinds, or species; to classify; to assort, as specimens, letters, etc.
4) v. t. - To separate (type which has been used) and return it to the proper boxes in the cases.
5) v. t. - To spread (ink) evenly, as upon a roller or a table.
6) v. t. - To employ (a term) in its whole extent; to take as universal in one premise.
7) v. i. - To make distribution.
Share this page