1) v. i. - To vaunt one's self; to brag; to say or tell things which are intended to give others a high opinion of one's self or of things belonging to one's self; as, to boast of one's exploits courage, descent, wealth.
2) v. i. - To speak in exulting language of another; to glory; to exult.
3) v. t. - To display in ostentatious language; to speak of with pride, vanity, or exultation, with a view to self-commendation; to extol.
4) v. t. - To display vaingloriously.
5) v. t. - To possess or have; as, to boast a name.
6) v. t. - To dress, as a stone, with a broad chisel.
7) v. t. - To shape roughly as a preparation for the finer work to follow; to cut to the general form required.
8) n. - Act of boasting; vaunting or bragging.
9) n. - The cause of boasting; occasion of pride or exultation, -- sometimes of laudable pride or exultation.
Share this page