1) n. - A trader who secretes himself, or does certain other acts tending to defraud his creditors.
2) n. - A trader who becomes unable to pay his debts; an insolvent trader; popularly, any person who is unable to pay his debts; an insolvent person.
3) n. - A person who, in accordance with the terms of a law relating to bankruptcy, has been judicially declared to be unable to meet his liabilities.
4) a. - Being a bankrupt or in a condition of bankruptcy; unable to pay, or legally discharged from paying, one's debts; as, a bankrupt merchant.
5) a. - Depleted of money; not having the means of meeting pecuniary liabilities; as, a bankrupt treasury.
6) a. - Relating to bankrupts and bankruptcy.
7) a. - Destitute of, or wholly wanting (something once possessed, or something one should possess).
8) v. t. - To make bankrupt; to bring financial ruin upon; to impoverish.
Share this page