1) a. - Of or pertaining to a year; returning every year; coming or happening once in the year; yearly.
2) a. - Performed or accomplished in a year; reckoned by the year; as, the annual motion of the earth.
3) a. - Lasting or continuing only one year or one growing season; requiring to be renewed every year; as, an annual plant; annual tickets.
4) n. - A thing happening or returning yearly; esp. a literary work published once a year.
5) n. - Anything, especially a plant, that lasts but one year or season; an annual plant.
6) n. - A Mass for a deceased person or for some special object, said daily for a year or on the anniversary day.
Share this page