1) v. t. - To introduce by a first act; to make a beginning with; to set afoot; to originate; to commence; to begin or enter upon.
2) v. t. - To acquaint with the beginnings; to instruct in the rudiments or principles; to introduce.
3) v. t. - To introduce into a society or organization; to confer membership on; especially, to admit to a secret order with mysterious rites or ceremonies.
4) v. i. - To do the first act; to perform the first rite; to take the initiative.
5) a. - Unpracticed; untried; new.
6) a. - Begun; commenced; introduced to, or instructed in, the rudiments; newly admitted.
7) n. - One who is, or is to be, initiated.
Share this page